The Upper Beaver project has a long mineral exploration and development history. Gold was first discovered west of Beaverhouse Lake in 1912. Upper Beaver was mined intermittently between 1912 and 1971, producing approximately 140,000 ounces of gold and 12 million pounds of copper over this period under the names: La Mine d’Or Huronia (1912 – 1919); Argonaut Gold Mines Limited (1919-1928); and Upper Beaver Gold Mines (1965 – 1971).
Agnico Eagle acquired 100% ownership of the Upper Beaver and Kirkland Lake exploration properties in March 2018.
For detailed information on geology and mineralization of Agnico Eagle’s Kirkland Lake exploration properties, visit Agnico Eagle’s website.